Windows has a printer setup that allows you to use your printer when it is offline. The setting allows you to save the files you desire to print when the printer isn’t linked to your computer; when you alter it back to online, the computer system sends the documents to the printer. There are huge number of users have do not know how to turn printer online.
COMPUTER Users [Windows]
For the Windows users the steps to allow to cancel the “Use Printer Offline” feature is very simple and are explained below:
Step 1: Press down the Windows button to activate the Search bar and then type devices in it.
Step 2: Select the top-most search result, which is Devices and Printers.
Step 3:Double-click on the icon of the printer you wish to alter to online. The status of the printer is either “Printer: Ready” or “Printer: Offline.”.
Step 4: Click “Printer: Offline” and also the Printer menu window will appear. Click “Printer” in the menu bar and uncheck “Usage Printer Offline.” This action will alter the printer from offline to online.
Mac Users [Apple]
Step 1: Open System Preferences by clicking the symbol in the Dock.
Step 2: Most Likely To the Publish & Fax control panel under the Hardware group.
Step 3: Select the printer you intend to take online from the listing on the left side of the display. After that click on the “Open Print Queue” switch.
Step 4: Click the “Resume Printer” switch on top of the line home window to transform the printer from offline to online.
Alternate Technique to Resolve the Printer is Offline Error:
If you are not able to fix the problem with the help of the above-explained instruction, then try the below steps, which is an effective way to solve the Printer is Offline issue.
- Press down the Windows logo key along with the letter I to open the Settings window.
- After that, navigate to the Printers settings option and select the printer from the list.
- Right-click on the printer that you are using and then select the Properties option.
- Click on the driver button that you will locate under the General/ Details section and again select the driver.
- Now, you might need to open the manufacturer’s website to get the latest version of your printer driver.
- Reinstall the printer. Under “Printers” in the “Settings” menu selection, return choose the printer.
- Remove the printer from the menu as well as re-install it once again with the “Add printer” wizard.