Among the common error messages, “Boot Device Not Found HP” error is really typical, which always happens throughout the process of turning on the system. The error message appears along with different texts. If you found any of the following messages on the screen, then check out the below sections to know the ways of how to deal with the error.
- No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine
- No boot device is available
- Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk
- No bootable device – insert boot disk and press any key
According to our experts, the reason behind the error are corrupt bootable disk. BIOS settings, hard disk connection problems, damaged or virus-infected files.
Methods to Solve the “Boot Device Not Found” Error
Follow the below-given instructions meticulously to ensure that you can discover the specific possible ways of repairing this error. Have a glance at the below lines:
At First, Hard Reset your Laptop
The easiest solution to fix the Boot Device Not Found error is the Laptop Hard Reset. Follow these steps:
- Shut down your computer and then detach it from the Power.
- Remove the power cord.
- After that, open the battery.
- Now, locate and hold the Power button for a minute to discharge the stored energy.
- Put the battery back in and then reconnect the cable with the power outlet.
- Turn on the Laptop and then verify if the issue gets solved.
NOTE: In case, you are using the non-removable battery laptop, then leave this solution and try the below ones.
Secondly, Reset the BIOS settings
Resetting the BIOS settings is another best method to solve the Boot Device error. Below, are the steps that you need to go through to try this way.
- At first, close all the programs on your computer and then tap down the Windows logo key.
- Click on the Shutdown button. Alternatively, in case of Windows 10, click on the Power icon and then select the Shut down option.
- Now, wait for a minute and then press the Power button to turn on the computer. After pressing the Power button, keep pressing the F10 key to get the BIOS setup window on the screen.
- After that, tap down the F9 key to select and obtain the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Next, tap the F10 key to save the settings.
- Click on Yes> Press the Enter key to continue.
- Now, follow the display instructions to restart your PC.
Hopefully, by resetting the BIOS settings, you can fix the Boot Device Not Found error without any problem.
Finally, Remove the Unsupported Hard Drive
Attachment of the unsupported hard drive on your computer is another reason for this error message. If this is the case, then after removing the hard drive you will get the issue solved.
- So, at first, press down the Power button of the computer to turn off the device forcefully.
After that, unplug the power cable.
- Next, disconnect all the additional hard drive attachments.
- Reassemble the PC and then restart it.
- Now, check if your computer is working fine.
All these are the ways to fix the Boot Device Not Found error efficiently.